Wednesday 15 July 2009

Sketch saturday, Simon says stamp and stampchallenges


Phew, this card took all day long and I'm tiiiired... I'm having so much fun crafting again. I can't believe how much I missed it! And even though I'm doing it soooo slowly I'm glad I can do it at all. Makes you think that you might not be able to do it tomorrow. Carpe Diem people, lol. I thought I'd have time to sew after I was done with this, but it's already 1am so I think I will have to put it up for tomorrow. AGAIN

I made the card mainly for Simon says stamp challenge that had "paperpiecing" this week. As you might see I used the yellow paper for her bathingsuit and hat. I just stamped on the paper at random, but managed to get the pink flower exactly in the middle. How great is that. The green paper with yellow dots I used for the purse and blanket. I also coloured some of the pieces with my promarkers to add depth, like the bag for instance. I used my brand new nesties that I actually got in the mail today. Yey! I embossed the square too, but cut that part away so I could add the white bling cardstock and have an edge. Does that make sense? I'm getting sleepy :)

I followed this great sketch from sketch saturday and a colourcombo of green/yellow/pink from the stamp challenges blog.

Hope you like it. I'm actually very proud of this one. I even have a ribbon and I hate working with ribbons :D




The quote says: "He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left." Not sure when to use this card, but I'm trying to think outside of the box and be creative.

4 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Katarina :-) I love the image and the papers you used are fab ! Love the paper piecing and colours you used :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Lorraine x x

good luck with my candy :-)

Chris (catt871) said...

This card is AWESOME!!! your paper piecing is FABULOUS!!!! And that image is great....love it!!! Looks like me!!! LOL

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow! Your paper piecing is amazing on this, Katarina! And that image is fantastic! I love this card!
hugs!

Jo said...

Beautiful work, love that image!!
Thank you for joining us this week :)
Jo xx