Monday 6 December 2010

Believe - a sympathy card

















Recently a blogfriend of mine lost her mother and I made this card for her. There is nothing really that can be said in a time like this. Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words.

The image I have used is called shining on from sweetpea stamps. It's one of the few stamps that are only sold as a single stamp. I knew I had to have it when I first saw it when sweetpea donated money to Haiti when selling it. I think it's quite appropriate to use for a sympathy card.

















I started colouring the image with my promarkers in muted colours: skintone and greys. The image got a bit too boring so I used a hint of pink on the wings and butterflies. I'm quite happy with how I managed to make it look like the light from the candle shines on her face.

















I used a white twinkling h2o to add that shimmer to the wings and a black sparkle gelly pen on the leaves in her hair and as an "eyeliner". I found the little chain with freshwater pearls and the key laying around in my to-do jewelry pile. I started making an earring out of it and didn't like it. I added the charm "believe" (which it took a while of persistent searching to find). The charm is attached to two hydrangea flowers with a brad. The papers and piece of ribbon is something I've had in my stash for years, but never used. I love the elegant and muted feeling of this card. It doesn't have to be a sympathy card. You could use it as a little different Christmas card too.

I used a sketch from papertake weekly because of its simplicity which I thought was perfect for this type of card. Other challenges I've used:

Flutterby wednesday - your favs.
Moving along with the times - for someone special
Paperplay challenges - monochromatic

post signature

3 comments:

Pami said...

Wow Katarina, this is just so beautiful. You are right the image is perfect for this and your colouring is fantastic. I love the charm and the flower. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good luck. Pami x

Unknown said...

Oooh, this is lovely...what a gorgeous image...perfect for a sympathy card. Love your choice of monochrome colours. Thanks for sharing your talent at Paper Play this week and good luck!
Alicia xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, This is lovely, Thanks for playing along on MAWTT This week Hazelxo