Tuesday 14 December 2010

Winter wishes for a happy birthday

















The other day I got an e-mail invitation to be a guest designer at the papertake weekly challenge blog. I was very honored and will participate in four challenges. This is my first one and the theme this week is Christmas birthdays. I hope you will join us too.






















I've been having my Greeting farm Anya stamp for months now and never gotton around to using it. When I found out the theme of the challenge this stamp was directly what I thought of. I wanted to give the card a frosty feel (any excuse to use glitter which was perfect for this week's theme at the alphabetchallenge) and started looking through my Christmas papers stash. I couldn't believe it when I came across this set I've gotten together with an english magazine. It had a winter birthday theme. So perfect! It was a joy to colout as I love bold colours. I was actually almost out of both the fushia and blue paper so I had to improvise. I used whichever scraps I had and tried different solutions. So the layout is purely accidental. I scrambled with what I had :)

The image is coloured with promarkers and I stamped some snowflakes on the right side with distress inks. The glitter is stickles glitterglue. Pretty basic, but a great result for a birthday card.


post signature

No comments: