Wednesday 10 August 2011

70:ies necklace in a modern version

















I have a couple of things that I made/finished lately that I haven't showed you yet. This necklace is one of them. I finished it quite a while ago, but never got around to showing it to you. It's made out of semi-precious stones I've had for years. I've had a couple of broken necklaces that I got from my mom and here and there. They were all in the same type of stones - quite popular in the 70:ies I think. I'm usually not wearing gold-coloured jewelry, but I thought these stones were beautiful with gold.
















I wanted the necklace to be long and I wanted to use up the stones I had. I made it quite symmetrical with big stones and goldflower/small stone. I added a clasp (the golden ball seen in pic above) so you can wear the necklace double and shorter if you want to. I think the clasp is brilliant since it barely shows, looking like one of the flowers. It's beautiful, don't you think?

post signature

No comments: