Wednesday 23 November 2011

Dreamy bookmark


As Christmas is approaching I've been thinking about quick and easy gifts to make as going away presents. I think a pretty bookmark is always appreciated, because who doesn't like to read once in a while at least? I often find bookmarks too bulky with flowers and decorations. They look very pretty, but are not very practical.


So for my project today I used Meredith Dillman's Peridot from plate 137 by sweetpea stamps. The image is stamped off two times before stamping on the paper to give that invisible edge look. I coloured the image with copics (which I can't figure out, but I guess I need to practice more. My promarkers weren't cooperating with me in the beginning either). I used a die to cut out the pretty shapes, added a ribbon in between two pieces of cardstock and glued them together. The pink parts on this bookmark have beautiful dryembossed swirls that I accentuated with a glitterpen. I like when things look pretty from all sides.




I added a rhinestone on the hanging flower as I imagine it to be hanging out of the book. I also added glitter to parts of the image and around the biggest shape.

Challenges:
ABC challenge - D is for dazzle
Pile it on - Anything with P (pink/purple)
Totally Gorjuss - swirly whirly

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at ABC this time for our D for Dazzle challenge
Hugs Julie P

Hazel said...

Hi Katarina

Wow - I love how you have accentuated the swirls with a glitter pen - it is so effective.

Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck.

I hope you will be able to join in our challenge next week.

Take care

Hazel x

Tammie Edgerton said...

What a precious bookmark and awesome gift idea! Thanks for joining the All About "P" challenge at Pile It On! Tammie