Friday 17 June 2016

chalk paint birdie darling heart


Chalk paint birdie heart

I'm finally ready to show you a project using Annie Sloan's chalk paint. I've been so excited to show you this project and even though the paints dry quickly there are still a lot of steps that you need to wait for to dry.

Chalk paint birdie heart lady

I have used a wooden heart (about 10x11cm) and started by painting it with "Emile" and after it dried with a dilluted "old white".
Then I printed out mirrored images on a laserjet printer and using decoupage glue I attached the images to the painted heart.
This is an image transfer technique that I really enjoyed. Let me know if you'd like to see a tutorial.

Chalk paint birdie heart flower

After the images were fully transfered I used a satin varnish on the image to seal it and then Annie Sloan's clear wax to the rest of the surface.
As a final step I added dimensional glaze to the center of flower and crackle medium to the leaf. I will say that the dimensional glaze worked well, but the crackle medium kind of "pearled" itself to the middle and didn't really stick the way I wanted. I think next time I will try adding this before I add the varnish.

Chalk paint birdie heart

So what do you think?

Supplies:
Paint:  Annie Sloan's chalk paint in "Emile" and "Old white"
Glue: plaid decoupage glue
Varnish: Winsor&Newton artists' acrylic satin UV varnish
 
post signature

No comments: