Friday 15 July 2016

Jewelry cup and saucer tower

Cup and saucer tower for jewelry

For today's post I want to share with you a great DIY from your thrifted cups and saucers. Are you just like me where you love these beautiful cups, but you just can't justify buying them for their real purpose because they are too small for tea/coffee? But they are soooo cuuuute and you want them soooo muuuuch? 
You just don't know what you would use them for?
Here's a way to eat the cake and have it too.

Cup and saucer tower for jewelry detail

I don't know about you, but when I go to my local thrift shops I see a lot of these small cups and saucers with gold edges and flowers painted on them. There are often a lot of the same design and I hate breaking up a set. Instead I look for those they only have one of. It's also a good idea to have different sizes. Here the saucer is a little bit bigger on the bottom than on top. It takes a while to find the right combination so try different ones until you're happy with the tower. Here I used 3 cups, 3 saucers and a jar in the same style.

Cup and saucer tower for jewelry
This tower is quite small which makes it perfect for jewelry or other trinkets. It's about 28x15cm.
All pieces are glued together except the top jar. I wasn't sure if I wanted the top to have a bigger area to hold a watch for instance or if the jar should be glued down aswell. I left it unglued for now, but what do you think? Do you prefer it with or without the jar glued down?

Cup and saucer tower for jewelry

  By the way, did you know that during the Victorian era hot beverages were drunk from the saucer? Crazy right? I found some info about it HERE if you want to read more.


Let me know if you'd like a tutorial or if you have any questions.
Until next time.

post signature

No comments: