Monday 23 October 2017

Free brick stitch pattern with tutorial


brick stitch cloud pattern

I have learned a new technique called brick stitch and wanted to share with you the steps that made sense to me when trying to understand this technique. So I made a free pattern and a youtube tutorial on how to make this cute cloud using miyuki delica beads. It measures about 2x2cm (less than 1"x1").

brick stitch cloud pattern

In the tutorial I'm using HAMA beads and contrasting yarn so it's easier for you to see what I'm doing. To get the tiny charm I'm using miyuki delica beads.

You will need:

About 1m/1yard of thread (I used fireline)
Beading needle (size 12)
Miyuki delica beads





 You can use the charm as a pendant, on paperclips, thumbtacks, earstuds, to decorate a pen and many other things. 
What would you use it for? 


For full tutorial on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOaMkl0ICms


post signature

6 comments:

Tom Williams said...

This is so nice.

MIKE said...

Awesome post!

David Millar said...


This is really so much needful for digital marketers. Thanks a lot for your lovely blog post. Ghost Mannequin services
Photo Retouching Services
background removal service

Anonymous said...

Do I have permission to sell finished clouds in my shop if I credit you as the pattern designer?

Annette Kinglock-Murray said...

This is really creative. Quite impressive

Anonymous said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء