Sunday 3 May 2009

Pampering time

I'm having so much fun at the cuttlebug challenge blog. The whole weekend they have been having tutorials and inspiration - a SPA weekend. If you haven't been to the blog you really should. There are so many talented women that make the projects and you'll get to use your cuttlebug in different ways.

One of the things the women were sharing were decorated bathitems. I got so inspired by this - I love my baths :) I designed a doorhanger (stolen idea from one of the ladies). We actually don't have a proper lock on our bathroom door, so we got one of those that you have in the hotelrooms: one side says "don't enter" and the other one "please tidy the room". We thought it would be kind of funny since we love travelling. We don't really need a lock for the two of us, but when people are coming over it might be nice for them to "mark" somehow that they are in there.

So now I designed a special doorhanger for myself when I take my baths :D




I embossed a piece of white cardstock with my paisley CB folder 1,5 times. There was a little uneven edge which is covered with the "ribbon" (smart, huh?). I used my new nesties although I had to cut out the image by hand because the oval was either too small or too big. The scalloped oval behind the image is white bling cardstock. The background paper is double sided so even the backside looks good :) It's quite thick and even though I thought it was a shame to cover it up I think it turned out good in the end. The image is from Penny Black by the way. It's the small one from an acrylic set. Coloured in with promarkers, what else? ;)

7 comments:

danni reid. said...

THIS is fabulous! I looooove your image too, wow!

Cassie said...

I thought that door hanger idea was cute too! And I love yours with the little bathing critter!!

I also loved the one where she made pretty things for herself - I never would've thought of doing that, but hey --- why not??? Definitely makes it feel more special!!

Mrs J said...

Wow, Katarina, this is adorable! So happy that you were inspired to join in! I'll let you in on a little secret - I had the same problem as you when I embossed my door hanger and ended up with a very flat section so that is why there is hemp wrapped round and a flower! ;o) A happy accident as I think it worked out ok and of course just helped to carry on the design of my bottles!! Thanks for joining in and sharing your door hanger with us, I love it! Mr Linky is there now so you can link this in the right place now! And still one more day of relaxation and inspiration to go! Enjoy!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Eveline said...

This looks lovely. The PB cat stamps are among my favorite PB images, next to the mice, the bears, the hedgehog.
Eveline.

Jenn K said...

This is wonderful!! Great job and I am so happy that you have been inspired this weekend..

Lea L. said...

What a super cute idea! I love the scalloped cutout! Thanks for joining us for the Cuttlebug Spa Weekend!

~Lea

Amber said...

What an adorable door hanger!!! I think embellished door hangers are the cutest things in the world! Think I'll have to make one for our travels:)