Tuesday 2 June 2009

I've been published!!!!!

I just can't believe it! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Today I found the latest issue of stampers' sampler on the floor (we get oour mail through the door). I was a bit puzzled because my subscription ended in march and I didn't renew it. So I started looking at the frontpage, reading what this issue was all about. One of the titles read: "Polka dots galore challenge results". I remember to have sent in a card with polkadots (so close to the closingdate I was scared I had missed it). I thought they would contact me if they were going to publish my card and since they didn't I realized my style wasn't a fit for their mag. But I got curious about why the magazine was sent to me. If they had made a miss in the subscription and sent me an extra mag then I should've gotten the previous issue. So I looked on which pages the polkacards were - without any suspitions or hopes really. Seeing my card there was really the last thing on my mind.

And then - like in a dream...I SAW MY CARD!!!! In the upper left corner on page 62 - there it was. I'm soooo proud and happy. I started jumping around and screaming (good thing noone was home, lol) Getting published and getting on a DT was one of my new year resolutions. I never ever would have guessed I would get published before getting on a DT team, lol. I was giving up on applying to DT, but now I have over 1/2 year left to get on one. I'm so fired up I feel like I can do anything!

I started listening to a lecture given by Randy Pausch and what relly stuck with me is what he says about walls - when you hit one. They are there to test how badly you want something. And I have banged my head against the DT applying wall so many times now, lol. I guess this is the kick I needed to continue.

OK, so here's how the card looks in the mag. I need to frame it or something. Think I'll scan in the page, print it out, frame it and put it in my corner.






I really need to celebrate today! This has been very oimportant to me, so cake for everyone!!! Or maybe a blogcandy...yes, a blogcandy it shall be so check back. I'm getting ready for my cousin's graduation so it might be a week or two before I post anything.

Speaking of blogcandy I got some amazing papers today that I won from Katrina Thank you so much Katrina! She also included some flowers and plastic glaze thingies. They work great as snowballs. You can see how I used them on my Whiff of joy Charlie card. I like that every paper is different so there is a lot to choose from.


And finally: I have to make a card for my cousin's graduation. I had two options to work with and none of them seemed inspirational (I had bought the papers a couple of days ago) But then I went through my old stash and found a wonderful paper that inspired me and worked with everything I had. The graduation colours are blue and yellow (like the swedish flag) and white of course. I didn't know if I should make it traditional or a bit distressed. I wanted some flowers, but since my cousin is a boy I didn't want the card to be too cute. He also had blue colours on his invitation cards. I wanted to incorporate the front of the invitation, but it had such a weird blue/purple shade I couldn't find any matching cardstock.

Choice one and two:



My final choice: Festive, with flowers, bright but still suitable for a boy, or what do you think? I also found the text paper that matched with inspirational words! How great was that. And I bought a very cute charm that says "love much" on one side and "laugh often" on the other. I think I'm going to work from a sketch so I have some kind of structure. I'm getting nervous because I have to finish the card tonight, yikes. With all the stuff I have I'm scared the card will get too busy. Oh well, I'll have to go and start instead of talking about it ;) The card just has to be brilliant, but with the buzz I'm having after the publishing news I think I'll make it. Let you know how it works out later. I might even put up some pics from my own graduation, lol.


Thanks for reading through my ramblings, lol.
Oooh, I think I'll bake something to celebrate :)

5 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Wahoo, well done you that is so exciting. And enjoy your new stash too. Kim

Julia said...

Congratulations Katarina, you deserve it!! :0)

Camilla said...

Gratulerer så masse!! Wow så gøy!! Og kortet ditt var skikkelig flott! Ikke rart det kom med:) Du lager nydelige kort, så det er nok ikke lenge før du er med i et DT heller. Stå på!
Takk for at du er med på Candyen min!
Klem, Camilla.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how wonderful Katarina!!!! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you! Congrats! Wanted to let you know that I got your package and thank you VERY much! Your's will be on the way hopefully tomorrow! Big hugs for doing this for me! I appreciate it more than you'll every know. And if you ever do another auction, please be sure and let me know! Big hugs!
Sharon

sylvia said...

congrats with the publising and the candyy
lovely cards you make!
hugs sylvia