Friday 31 July 2009

Magnolia Christmas card

I had a great idea for the friday sketchers blog today and I just had to join even though it's after 2am! As always I'll get better pics up soon, but for now you'll have to do with this.

I've also joined the magnolia-licious highlights challenge. The theme for this week was "Christmascards". It's a little too soon for me to start thinking about X-mas cards since I only send a few, but it was fun to take out the wintery stash. I have sorted all my Christmaspapers to a seperate holder that I've put away, so it was fun to see what I had in there.

A new Magnolia blog I found the other day called Magnolia down under challenges also had "Christmas in july" as their challenge, so I'm entering there too :)

I'm very proud of my interpretation of the sketch. I might put something more in the lower right corner, but I didn't dare ruining the card with too many "not-thought-through-stuff".





I used masking on the card too that was for stampin for the weekend. I masked the gift she's holding in her hands. It's actually an easterstamp, but I masked over it. I also chopped her braids off, that's why she looks a bit like Edwin ;D

1 comment:

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! I love the colour como and your cute Tilda. Great job with masking.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW! :)
Vanja