Friday 18 September 2009

Whiff of joy GDT call


I don't know if you've seen, but Katharina, owner of Whiff of joy, is having a guest design team call. I have a couple of cards that I have made using WOJ stamps, but I just read that it has to be new cards, so some are out :(
This is such an opportunity for me since being on a team/guestteam for WOJ is one of my biggest dreams when it comes to crafting. I think that will be my new new year's resolution, lol. I am totally inlove with all the stamps, but I actually prefer Alison Acton's stamps. This might be a good thing since it seems like many have the Elisabeth Bell stamps as favs. I would love to work with the animalstamps and I can't believe I didn't manage to pick up some when I bought my first WOJs!

I really, really hope Katharina will like what I do, but I also know that it will be a hard decision for her. I've seen the competition!

I did however manage to make two new cards and hopefully I will make one more tonight. I will treat myself with some free time since I was so good at studying all week :) I also have a card (the bottom one) that I made for this call following a challenge, so you've already seen it. Don't know if that counts, but I thought a bit outside of the box there too so I want to include the card for the call. The colouring on this card is one of my best ones so I wanted to show it off, lol.

I have used my promarkers for all the cards since that's the colouring I'm most comfortable with and that I think gives the best results. You can click the pics to get a biiiig picture.

I want to point out a totally brilliant thing I came up with that I haven't seen anywhere else. I tried to photograph it, but it's such a subtle detail. Anyhow, the scalloped oval that the image is on is cut out and embossed with my nesties. The patterned paper that surrounds her is also cut out and embossed, but the other way if you know what I mean. It shows better at the fourth pic before I mounted the oval with the image. So the image isn't mounted on the patterned paper but actually fits the hole made in the PP. I just had to tell you about it because I felt so brilliant when I came up with this, lol.
The embossed panels are from my cuttlebug embossing folder and they both read "big-hearted".





Promarkers used:
ivory, pastel pink+rose pink, cinnamon, burnt sienna, ice grey 1&3, cool grey5. I also used two of my old pantone pens: 208T (the fushia pink) and black.

Paper: Basic Grey - bittersweet.
Cuttlebug folder "you".


On this card the ribbon is glued between the two ovals. It's a single card and you write the message on the inside panels. It's quite simple, but I think the colouring and papers speak for themselves. Papers are from Wild asparagus called "pretty little girl".





That's it for tonight. I'll photograph my third card tomorrow and hopefully make another one (or two) before the deadline at 8pm GMT+1 tomorrow. I'm sooooo nervous! Keeping all of my fingers crossed that she will pick me :D

4 comments:

Louise said...

Your cards are beautiful Katarina :)
Good luck with the DT call - I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Louise x

Ila said...

Wow!! your cards are Beautiful!!..Good Luck!!...Hugs, Ila

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely cards, good luck in the call. Kim

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Your work is great, they should pick you!!

Good luck, Holley