Thursday 8 October 2009

Flowers and butterflies


Today I managed to finish one of the fiftyeleven cards I have started on. This one is for a bunch of challenges. You would think I'm practicing for a new challengeblog where you need to incorporate as many challenges as possible. I think it starts this weekend. You can count on me joining in :)

Ok, so the first theme was "butterflies" at craftycatz - the second challenge on this new blog. I had this wonderful embossed butterfly paper for a while now and it was actually laying next to the flowery paper. Isn't that a fab match!

Speaking of flowers - that was the theme for this week's challenge on justmagnolia. And as usual I managed to miss the deadline :( I really wanted to join since there was a $50 giftcertificate to Simon says stamp for grabs. It's a bit annoting when it doesn't say when the deadline is. Since I'm usually done after midnight it doesn't matter for the american blogs, but it matters for the european ones if the deadline is at midnight.
I made the tiny flower all by myself. Learned the tutorial last weekend when I went to the reopening of my local craftshop.


I also found "charms" at cute card thursday this week. I made the charm from a butterfly bead and hung it on a piece of chain.

I used a sketch from get sketchy. Turned it 90 degrees. The bonuschallenge was "brads" which I have in the corners of the card. They look like little buttons - matching the tiny buttons Tilda has on her shoes.

The image is from my friend Sharon. She has stamped the image on the most wonderful glitterpaper ever. Not sure if the pic makes it justice. I've kept one of the "nightphotos" because the glittery paper that the image is stamped on doesn't show on the "daypics". The paper is really stunning!



promarkers: saffron, pastel pink, carmine, mandarin, pumpkin, apple, lime, sky blue, cool aqua, ice grey3, cool grey5.

post signature

6 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Katarina
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Suzie said...

Gorgeous, I love those papers. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz. Suzie x

Dora said...

Such a sweet card!
thnx for playing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us this week on CCT.
Caz
x

carol said...

lovely card, love the butterfly, charm, thanks for joining us at crafty catz, x carol

Unknown said...

Luvverly!