Saturday 17 October 2009

Magnolia down under guest DT call

The Magnolia down under store are having a guest DT call. I am falling more and more inlove with these cuties as you might have noticed. I actually have 3 or 4 brand new stamps that I haven't had the chance to ink up yet.

Kellie (the owner) wants to see your favourite creations. I chose mine to be all Magnolias. Here goes. eeek!
It's 8 cards that I've done in the last couple of months. There are a lot of pics, but it's just 8 cards :) I haven't commented much on them, thought they would (hopefully) speak for themselves :)

What I can mention is that I love working with my promarkers. Most of the cards I have done here are for some sort of challenge. I like doing things a bit differently, it might not always turn out brilliant, but I like the idea. I like all sorts of styles, but I'd love to learn more to work with the vintage distressed look.

Here I had a square sketch to follow that I re-made into a folded card. It was my first try on sewing I think. I like this card because it's quite innovative and I even made one of the decorations myself. I took a big red brad, stamped with a textstamp and embossed it with gold ink. You can see it in the middle of one of the flowers.



Here I worked with a 3D challenge. I just went totally overboard with it and loved every second! I'm especially proud of the flower I cut out and poured 3D glaze over. It's part of the patterned background paper, but I made it stand out by coiling it a little bit. Tilda is mounted on 3D tape.

This is my latest magnolia card and stamp. I'm trying a more distressed look lately. Loved working with this stamp!

I worked a lot with shading on this card. I really wanted it to look like she gets light from the flower/snowflake.

A more simple card for a sketchchallenge. I think it was a rectangle they had and I made it an arrow. Thought it worked perfectly with this image. I also doodled little "x-es" and "o-s" around the image.


Handmade flowers. The middle of the upper left flower is handmade.

A graduation card for my cousin. I'm extremely proud of this one :)



Ok, so now you've seen a little bit of what I do, thanks for looking. And for my loyal readers: keep your fingers crossed :)

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a lovely comment. Good luck with becoming a guest DT member...although with this beautiful selection of cards you're sure to be picked!

Abby:)

stephanne said...

Such a beautiful display of creations, love the vintage look you've been trying out lately, looks wonderful!! Thanks for sharing with us at MDU and good luck with the call!!
Stephanne

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh I'm sooo happy to see you trying for this! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your cards and they will too! Best of luck my friend!!! hugs!