Tuesday 28 December 2010

Thank you fairy much






















I'm so happy that the time for making Christmascards is over. I love Christmas, but I've been making a card a day for two weeks now and I'm exhausted, lol.
For today's card I'd like to show you a thank you card I made - the theme for this week's papertake weekly challenge. I'm sure you have people to thank after the Christmas season and that you will join us this week. The great thing about thank-you cards is that there is no theme you have to follow - everything is allowed.






















I have used one of ching chou kuik's latest images called purple hearts from sweetpea stamps. She is coloured with promarkers and shimmery drychalks for hair and background. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch on the background paper, then cut out a rectangle on the top of the card's fold. I was so proud of myself for coming up with this idea. Don't think I've seen it anywhere else before, so remember where you saw it first ;)

I added some extra sparkle around the image and on some of the butterflies with a sakura clear gelly roll. I love the shimmer it gives. The text is handwritten and I'm very happy with it (especially concidering I wrote it 4am)

I just love the airy spring-like feel of this card. Can't wait to make more! Woohoo, spring is here (well, almost)


The challenges for this one are:

Christmas blog - thank you
I love promarkers - anything goes
In a sweetpea dream - anything goes
Magical monday - thank you
papertake weekly - thank you
Passion for promarkers - anything goes
Simon says stamp - anything goes
sketch saturday - sketch
Sweetpea stampers - anything goes


post signature

13 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice Katarina, love your punched part at the top too, good idea! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lorraine A said...

Oh WOW Katarina !!! I have spent ages admiring this card !!! the image is beautiful and the aperture at the top and the delicate border punch is just fantastic !! very well done !!

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

oops ,,, meant to add ,,, fabulous handwriting too !!! :-)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katarina, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Have a wonderful 2011!

katesacraftybugger said...

the colours and image you have chosen are so pretty ,your card is lovely .thanks for joining in our challenge at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katarina, another gorgeous card. I love the beautiful image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Have a wonderful 2011 x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Katarina simply stunning I adore the way you have punched the butterflies at the fold of the card and such gorgeous soft shades. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Katerina!! Love the image and your beautiful papers!! Thanks for joining in our mega challenge at PFP. Juliexx

downrightcrafty said...

Great job on the thank you card and just perfect for our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs and Happy New Year to you
Kate xx

Lorraine said...

An all round lovely card. Love the punching and your colour scheme. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

coops said...

fantastic card katharina.i love the stunning image and your colours and details are gorgeous.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Jayne Hayward said...

This is gorgeous. I love the layout, colours and of course the beautifully coloured image.

Thanks you for joining in with us over on Magical Monday

Jayne xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us over at SPS. x