Sunday 17 April 2011

Modern happy easter

Spring is here to stay and with easter just around the corner it might be a good time to have at least one card done. Today I would like to show you a card with a slightly different layout. I have used a standard square sketch, but folded the card several times adding dimension. You can see the layout of the card better on the last picture. I have used a stamp called jeweled from sweetpea stamps from one of my favourite plates #86.

I really like the colours of this card. They are still the typical easter yellow and purple, but I think the hues gives the card a more contemporary feel. The patterned papers go so well together and it's funny because they are from two completely different lines. I just accidentally put them next to eachother while sortimg my papers and tadaa. With those colours I didn't feel like I needed bunnies or eggs, the card would look "eastery" enough. So I decided to go all in with the butterfly theme, using it on both papers, punches and the image.





















The tools I have used are Martha Stewart punches for the corners and the butterfly border. The image is coloured with promarkers and then a sakura clear glitter pen. The image is mounted on a green panel with foam tape to add extra dimension and then taped to the front panel of the card. The little green scrolly nameplate is a spellbinder die. Doesn't it go just perfectly with the background paper? The sentiment is written by hand and on my first try! Practicing makes perfect, that's for sure. A wonderful card that could easily be used for any other occasion.
Here's the sketch I used from sketch saturday #150:


Challenges for this card:

Basic Grey - easter/spring (I used paper from the "green at heart" line on the backpanel)
Paper sundaes - texture
Papertake weekly - dimensional
Pile it on - rubber stamps
Stampin for the weekend - easter

post signature

4 comments:

Joan V said...

Oooh ,this is pretty and so different. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Fabulous card Katarina, beautiful colours and I love your layout!! Your Sweet Pea image and your punched border are both gorgeous!!

So glad you could join us at Basic Grey,
hugs
Heather xx

Uhooi said...

The cards are very pretty and beautiful

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

this is definitely extraordinary & stunning! the colors & folding is fantastic! thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On! & hope to see you again soon! hugs