Monday 31 October 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie's GDT challenge

















One of my absolute dream designteams - Kraftin' Kimmie - are looking for a guest designer for december! I got so excited I got a total creativeblock for a few days, lol. I've been waiting for this chance forever since the last time I didn't make it. Didn't think I would be able to produce anything, you know when you want something so bad you mess it up? But I prevailed and I'm so pleased with the result. The challenge was to use your fav Kraftin' Kimmie stamp and make any card you like. Well, I'm a huuuge fan of the moonlight whispers stamps. I don't have a favourite I must admit as I love them all and get so impressed every time a new collection comes out. I haven't had the chance to play with many of my new KK stamps and here is one of them. I hadn't actually noticed her before, but when shopping last I browsed through the catalogue and fell inlove her straight away. She's called Talullahbelle. Isn't she the cutest?
I love using different stamps for different occasions. This one is a fairy, but I used her as a Christmasstamp. I originally planned to have a text saying: "have a magical Christmas", but I just couldn't fit it in.
She is colored with promarkers and a clear sakura gelly roll for her wings (the glitter). The papers I have used are all from the same collection from my minds eye. I also used two different Martha Stewart punches. Oh, and I coiled a piece of wire to make the little coil for the "Christmas bulb" in the right upper corner. Thought it was a clever idea. I love this zesty and slightly different Christmascard.


Now just keep your fingers crossed that I'll get the GDT spot. In worst case I'll have at least one very pretty Christmascard this year. 


Challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie - use your fav stamp
Magical monday - circles and stripes
Papertake weekly - sketch
Simon says stamp - anything goes
Stamptacular sunday - borders and frames



post signature

8 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fabulous and fun colors on your card and your use of the wire to make the ornament appear more realistic was perfect!! Thanks for sharing this darling card with us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Melissa Bove said...

Super fun and adorable card! Love the colors!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Jill said...

gorgeous card Katarina love the touches of sparkle thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Céline said...

gorgeous card, love the bright colors
thanks for playing with us at stmptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Hazel said...

I love Kraftin Kimmie too. Congratulation's on your GDT spot.I love your card and the sparkle you have given her. Thanks for joining us Magical Monday's and good luck,
H xx

Bettina L. said...

Love the original colours for this christmas card. The snowflakes makes a perfect border on the side and I love how that christmas bowl makes a lovely backgrund for that image. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for another challenge. Bettina xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card!! Great take on the Stripes and Circles Challenge!! Thanks for playing along with the Magical Monday Challenge! We have another fun one for you this week: Use your scraps!! We hope you can play along again!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Magical Monday Challenge DT
PS I have a weekly candy on my store's blog if you would like to enter...
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/

Black Liberation Collective said...

This was a lovely blog ppost