Tuesday 18 November 2008

Child's card and rejected DT member :(

I got a mail today saying they thanked for my application, but I didn't make the cut :( So rejected is really the right word. I'll get over it, but feel sad right now since I really wanted this. I'm sure someone somewhere will want me, *sob*.
They did say that they liked my stuff though and asked if they could save my application and get back to me in the future. They might look for more designmembers and will have guestdesigners pretty often. I haven't written back yet, but of course I'm going to agree. I will have to settle for crumbs, but when it's such a delicious cake it's better than nothing ;)

Today I was on a quickutz demo. An american guy named Chris was in the local shop showing the new jolly and holly alphabet. I didn't buy any qk stuff, but I found 2 great patterned winterpapers for a challenge. I also got some normal and some bling cardstock + a small chipboard album (really have to stop bying those) and big cardstock-covered brads . They had 15% off so it was ok pricewise, but normally I wouldn't had bought the patterned paper. I think 10sek per paper is a bit much. If you get 3 matching papers - that's as much as a pack of brads. Sometimes I think patterned papers are overrated and a lazy way out because you can make your own backgrounds using your stamps instead.

When I got back I started making a child's card for a challenge that's due in a couple of hours (I'm so glad about the timedifference since I do everything last minute, lol. Heard it was a crafter's trait ;) I dug out my Tilda stampset that I've never used before and went for it, haha. The bunnies are made using paperpiecing (you stamp on a patterned paper and then cut out.) I stamped the hearts they are holding on a non-patterned cardstock. The bunny and bear are shadowed with alcoholmarkers, the tags are from a cuttlebug die set.
The colors are a bit messed up as usual, but you get the idea. For example: The bear is stamped on a paper with dots/circles.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous childs card, Thanks for joining us this week at a spoonfull of sugar, Hugs Debbie x

Rachel said...

What a sweet card! so precious!