Tuesday 4 November 2008

Spoooktacular card

I started this card over a week ago because I wanted to join a Penny Black challenge. Unfortunately, because I was so slow with finishing it, I missed the deadline :( I was quite bummed because the site was looking for new DT members and I really wanted to be on the team. It's a bit of a catch 22 though because the card wouldn't have turned out this good if I had finished it earlier. I just got a flash of brilliance (and modesty, lol) yesterday, letting me finish the card this way. I really like how I managed to layer it on the lower part.

I decided that this card was just too good to go to waste, so I entered it in another challenge instead. The winner will get a 2 week DT spot, so keep your fingers crossed!

I also got my shipment of cuttlebug goodies yesterday :D YEY! I got a whole bunch of embossingfolders, since I am totally addicted to them. You think all my Christmascards will have embossed papers now? ;) In that package was some Disney die/embossing folders. One of them was a Halloween-themed one and that is how I got the black cat on the card. I really like these combodies too!



Don't know if it shows that well, but the cat is both cut out and embossed.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

So FUN -- Love the bright colors and the image is adorable! Your card is so wonderful! :)

Erin... said...

Super cute!! Those papers are fantastic and I love the CB cat, so fun!! thanks for joining our challenge!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is adorable! Love all your details and that cat embellishment! Fun, thanks for playing. :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute! Your card looks so cheery and happy. TFS

Conibaer said...

Great card! The bright colors work perfect together!