Friday 14 August 2009

Christmouse for Christmas

It's been a while since I've joined the Penny Black saturday challenge or made a card using my PB's. I liked the sketch this week (AND the prize, lol). After my latest extremely bright card and the elegant/damask one (not sure what it's called in english) I felt like doing a Christmas card. I don't have many Christmaspapers although I have been buying some on recent sales. I'm really itching to buy some X-mas paperpacks later on and maybe sharing some in an upcoming candy (hint hint ;) Anyhow, I bought these papers last year and they are one of my fav colourcombos for Christmascards.

Here's the challenge sketch:

My take on it:

I have a box where I keep all of my Christmasstuff. It's a great idea since I only need to look through that box to find things for X-mas projects. I got some cutouts many years ago - before I had learned to use them. I wanted to find a snowflake since I don't have any in my qk collection (they were out when I shopped last). I found this one and I embossed it with my snowflakes CB folder.

I used a blue brilliance pad when inking the image. I tried to emboss the flake, but since brilliance don't emboss well I added some glitterglue instead.
At first I thought the card was a bit too busy with all that glitter and stones only on the upper part, but now I like it. The silver charm "peace" I bought at my local jewelrystore.

I've noticed that if you layer the patterned paper on some cardstock it looks more professional. It might sound simple, but it took me a while to figure it out, lol. I'm feeling so proud of myself making these cards. Blogging has REALLY helped me improve!

I'm also joining this week's challenge on the Dutchdare cardchallenges. The theme this week is "Christmas in august" which suits me perfectly since I missed all of the "Christmas in july" challenges.

9 comments:

Louise said...

Love this card Katarina, the colours are great
Louise x

Beth said...

Your card is so gorgeous! I love these wintery papers and the little mouse is adorable! Thanks for playing along with my PB sketch this week!

Beth xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Cute card, Katarina. Beautiful colors and that mouse is adorable.

Ann said...

Oh my word, is he ever cute! I love the bits of bling, too!

Papercraft Cafe said...

What an adorable card. Love the way you used the CB folder on the snowflake.

C said...

Very sweet image. Love your layering, it's perfect! thanks for the shout out on the Simon Says Stamp blog.

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your card, so fun and pretty.

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww your card is tooooo toooo cute!!! I love it!!! Love the image you used and the dp!!!:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Karin said...

Gorgeous card. love the beautifull coloured papers and cute image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin