Thursday 13 November 2008

One layer of cardstock

This was very fun, although a bit hard. Just one layer of cardstock, how is that for a challenge?! I think everyone should try it, especially those of you who use a lot of patterned papers, layers and colored images.

In the beginning I wanted to do some masking, but then I saw another card using the same idea and layout I had, so I didn't want it to look like I copied it. Then I started thinking and dryembossing came to mind. Sooo... I continued on that idea and here's the result. Unfortunately I couldn't get any good photos of the card. This one is the best (or should I say the least bad :)



Ok, so I stamped the snowman (Darcie's set) on a white card and colored it in. Using fiskars snowflake textureplate I dryembossed some snowflakes here and there around the snowman. I made a dryembossed border using the edge of a brass template. Then I stamped the text (happy freezin' season, from the same Darcie's set) Finally I versamarked the embossed snowflakes and rubbed them with pink and blue shimmerchalk. I also added some glitter on the snowman's snowflakes (the ones on his head).
It's such a shame that you can't see the card better :( I'm very happy with the result. I think trying these different ideas is what makes my style. They don't always turn out great, but they usually give me new ideas. I just used the dryembossed border for another card, so the challenge did what it was supposed to: develop me as a cardmaker.

I also have some blogcandy alert for those of you who are interested (and who isn't, right?)
First we have Desiree that's celebrating 15,000 hits on her blog.
Then Ann is giving away some fabulous Christmas candy, just in time for the cardmaking season. Go to her blog to find out how you can enter the draw.

2 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is a lovely card! Great snowflakes too, happy that we got you to try something new. Beautiful work, thanks for playing. :)

Desirée said...

Thanky you for entering my blog candy! Just hours to I draw!

Have a nice weekend!

From Desiree in Norway