Friday 12 December 2008

Last minute gift tips

I have stopped doing the challenges - I just don't have the time now. I've been struggling with some packages to send out, but I always seem to find something more I have to add. In the end I send them out too late, sigh.

Today I made a tag for a friend that I'm putting together with a bunch of gifts. I can't show it to you yet, but I will as soon as she has gotten the package. I got inspired by Tim Holtz' tags, but not in the way you might think. I just can't make the stupid alcoholinks to work! I made my own variation on a tag - patterned papers and colored images. You'll see what I mean later.

Ok, so some last minute (small) gifts, perfect for the host/hostess:

In Sweden it has been very popular to dress-up matchstickboxes. A good way to give something personal without spending hours on the project. It's also a good when you don't know if you're supposed to bring a gift or not. It's small enough, but you don't have to show up emptyhanded. And the best part is that you can personalize it. Appreciation guaranteed (and if they don't appreciate it you should take it back, lol)




Bookmarks are also one of those small gifts that are always needed. And if you know what kind of books the person reads then you can make it in that style. I'm actually planning on making some. They are perfect to give to guys or people that "don't want anything". These aren't actually done, I was just playing around with my new stamps :D





Other things that don't take forever:
memoryboxes (like the one I have out on etsy)
necklaces/bracelets with beautiful pearls and some organza ribbons
a nicely stamped and decorated tea/coffebag
a decorated box (they can be used for anything)

Now I'm off I have a project to finish tonight. Keep your fingers crossed, because it is something important...

2 comments:

Rina said...

I love matchbox idea. That is so cool, Katarina!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Katrina,

I wanted to get in touch with you.

I had some computer problems and lost a lot of e-mails and then I have had sick kiddo's and been sick myself, but I have not forgotten about you!!!!

Could you re-send me your address again, and I promise this week I will get the pictures taken of the stamp sets you and the other 2 girls can choose from and get it sent out to you!!!

I am sorry it has taken me so long!!

I really enjoyed the above projects. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity!!

Heather