Wednesday 7 January 2009

New somethings

This is the theme on the stampchallenges blog this week. The prize is a guest DT spot for two weeks and I just had to take a chance.

The challenge was to use something new; something you hadn't used before or just gotten (maybe under the tree). I actually went for it and used everything new. I didn't mean to, but it turned out that way. Even some of the colors I used on the image are from my new pens :)

The image is a stamp I got months ago, but never got around to use with the Christmascards and all. Together with the stamp I used pink/black polkadot papers I got while visiting Stockholm over Christmas. I also found another polkadot paper I'd never used that worked great together. I used my newbought fiskars circle templates to do the circles and cut them out by hand. I was thinking about leaving the card as it was, but it felt a little empty so I added some flowers. The black one is from a pack of white ones I got at a sale the other day. I inked it with black ink and used some black stickles (never used either). And the best part of all: I opened my "too-pretty-to-use-brads" and used one of them (the glossy darkred) With all these crazy polkadots I wanted to add a funny text and came up with this, since it almost looks like the horse is doing some dancing moves. The text is made with a clearalphabet that came with my qk sophisticate alphabet. It was like a collector's item box and included stamps, extra dies and scrolly stamps (I've been wanting to buy scrolly stamps forever and actually won a set in a candy, but when I looked through the box the other day I found them and got so happy! Maybe it's time to start using some of the things I have, lol) The worst part is that I actually don't think I have that many things that I don't use. Maybe I should rethink that statement...

Did you notice that even the pink flower has some dots embossed to it?! Talk about totally spacing out with dots, lol.




Here's how the card looked without the flowers. I think it looks better with them, or what do you think?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Such a wonderful card Katarina! I love the shape, dotty papers and the great sentiment which made me laugh. Chris x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is so fun Katarina! Love the sentiment and those great papers. Super cute image and the circle shape is great! Thanks for playing along. :)