Tuesday 21 October 2008

So many blogs...

...and so much talent!!!
For the last couple of days I have been finding new blogs, companies and contests. I never thought there would be so much stuff out there that needs a new home. I can provide it ;) Some are blogcandy where there is a random draw and some are challenges: make a card after a sketch, use certain colors or companies. I really want to enter most of them, but as soon as I sit down by my craftspace: nothing! It's hard not to be intimitaded by those who make just insanely wonderful cards. If I'm like a daisy they are delicate orchids, lol. Some are just so beautiful I can't even begin to imagine how it's put together, not speaking of how they came up with it. And some are so well-made they are like little projects. Every little corner is decorated and the inside and back looks just as good as the front. I have so many windows open in my browser right now, lol.

One of the contests I wanted to enter is one that also spreads goodwill. I like doing that and thought I'd help. It involves making Christmascards that will be sent to US soldiers so they can send greetings to their families at home. I think it's a wonderful idea. It's getting a little tight though timewise and I need to send out these cards tomorrow or thursday at the latest since it takes about a week for mail to get to the US. I want to make simple yet beautiful cards, but I can't quite get it together. As soon as I do I thought I'd make a batch. I'm also thinking that the cards are going from guys to their families, so I don't want them to be too fuzzy and cute. And finally I want to go back to stamping. I love all those colored in images with pretty patterned paper and prima flowers, but I want to be a stamper, not just a cardmaker.

To my assistence I have my cuttlebug and some gorgeous embossingfolders. That's all I will say for now. We'll see if I get anything done today. If you want to help and be in on the lottery of some great prizes go to:

cards for soldiers

No comments: