Saturday 29 November 2008

High hopes sketch challenge

Have I told you how much I love my alcohol markers? I will definately wish for some new colors for Christmas. Finally I have found a coloring method that can't go wrong. After so many years I finally found it. This is so my type of medium.

This is one of my new HM's I hadn't inked in yet, so it was about time. I had a "lilac" challenge in mind while coloring the image. Then I noticed I had a sketchchallenge that needed to be done before bedtime and I decided to use the image. The sketch consists of 3 areas that I thought would be perfect for patterned paper. I also wanted to compliment the flower so I went with purple shades. Now that I think about it I could actually join the purple challenge too with this card. But I have something else in mind for it. We'll see if I will have time to make it. I'm so proud of the way I made the flower be outside of the oval. It points downwards and I think I will have a sentiment there. I just don't know which one yet. The one I have on my stamp is a bit too big. The sentiment I wanted to go with was: "If friends grew in a garden I would pick you." Isn't that just perfect for this card!



As always, sorry about the bad scan.

3 comments:

Ila said...

Oh my!! Super Cute and Fabulous!! I love the HM image, your coloring and accents are Wonderful!! Thanks for playing!..Hugs, Ila

Unknown said...

Lovely card, love the colours and gorgeous image. Joanne x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Aww, so sweet! I love this! Gorgeous coloring and beautiful shades of purple. Thanks for playing!