Saturday 24 January 2009

Finish that project challenge

I've decided to start a challenge, or whatever you want to call it. I got the idea while bloghopping on a quiltblog. They had a great challenge:
every month you try to finish a half-finished project that is laying around in your "to do" basket, pile or room, lol (depending on how much of a procrestinator you are) Did I spell that right? But because so many joined their chellenge they limited the projects to soft things like sewing, crosstitch, quilting etc. This challenge is more for altering, jewelrymaking, scrapbooking, canvases and sewing too. I'm not limiting it, so it can be anything you want it to be.

I'm myself am in a big need of such a deadline since I have, for instance:

* A skirt that just needs hemming and a waistband - has been laying since last summer.
* A painted gardentrunk that needs some painted flowers on just one side, the rest is done.
* A bag that is more than half-done. Just need to attach the handles and sew the sides together. Started working on it in may I think.
* I have a box of beads already designed for necklaces, bracelets etc. I just need to put them together.

and the list goes on...Not to mention my kitchenchairs that I've been re-painting and changing the fabric on for the last...I think I bought them about 3 years ago. See what I mean? I'm getting a bit ashamed hanging my dirty laundry like this. :) Hopefully with your hawkeyes, eh, I mean support ;) I'll finally finish all of these projects that not only take up a lot of room in my apartment, but also my mind.


So I challenge everyone who needs an extra kick in the behind to come and join me. I might give myself a free pass for january, but then it starts for real, lol. On the other hand I started sewing a stuffed bird (no, it's not a thanksgiving turkey, lol) yesterday so if I finish it I'll count it as my finished project for january. I just need to sew together the tail, but I'm getting stuck. Can't decide if that's really it. I'll show you tomorrow and maybe you can help me decide if he's done or not. Otherwise he'll be banished to my growing "almost done" pile.

The "rules" are simple:
Before the end of each month try to finish something you have half-done or something you've wanted to do. It can be painting/altering a box, a piece of jewelry, sewing, doing the last touches on your scrapbook album and so on. You decide what you want to do. When you're done, write a comment here linking to your post. I'd love to see what you've done. If you only do soft things like sewing, knitting and such you can join one project a month challenge. They will have prizes every month.
I'm not as generous, but I will see if I can have one big giveaway after a year (at the end of january 2010). Maybe something I have done myself? How does that sound? You will earn one entry every time you've finished a project, so a total of 12 entries!

I have made a blinkie (woohoo!) that you can put on your blog to spread the word. It would be so fun if you would join. If you do - leave a comment here. When you're done with your project leave another comment with a direct link to your post. It would be nice to read about the project too, when you started it, how much you had left and so on.

Oh, and you are not forced to do anything, you don't even need to sign up for anything. But if you feel like it would help you to finish some projects, put the brand new blinkie on your blog and let me know that you've joined. It would be so much fun to start something like this and to see if there is any interest out there. Heck, I need it, lol.

Phew, I think I got it all. If I forgot to mention anything or if you have problems with adding the blinkie, let me know.

Now I just need to wait for some feedback...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

This sounds like a fab idea. Would certainly help me tidy up a bit, lol! Thanks for joining my cady. Your cards are excellent. Love the colouring

Hugs
Suzanne x