Friday 23 January 2009

Challenges and fabrics

Today I've been super craft-productive. I've been buying fabrics, making two cards and cleaned up my table (but now it's messy again after the two cards, haha) I'm trying to clean it up so I can put up my sewingmachine.

My first card is for sketch and stash challenge. They have a guest designer spot available for 2 weeks, so I had to try out, especially since I knew just what to do. The challenge was to follow a sketch - and as always use your new stash, (like the name of the challenge, duh!)

I have used some reeeeally bright papers I got a year or two ago in a swap or as a prize, don't remember now, that's how long ago it was. I thought they were so pretty I just kept them in a bag, lol. The stamp is a RAM I got on the 50% sale at scrapaddicted. Even the bright fushia, orange and limegreen promarkers are new. I think I managed to mirror-flip the sketch, but I just had to to make it all look balanced. The text+little flower is from a patterned paper sheet. I really like buying those patterned papers with texts because then you have so many sayings/words. It was too muted, so I actually drew with the promarkers right on the text and flower. Worked out great, don't you think?
I know it's a really bright card and not for everyone, but I think it turned out very good.





The second card is for friday sketchers. I had to follow this sketch a little more and everything on the sketch had to be on the card. I used the blue patterned paper as the swirls and I don't know if it shows that well, but I have a laceribbon under the blue PP (patterned paper). I was thinking about outlining the swirls to make them stand out more, but thought it would be too much. I'm having problems with adding too much stuff. I try to challenge myself by adding one more thing than I would normaly, so I'm proud anyway. I think it follows the sketch so hopefully I'll be entered in the draw of some great round stamps! I've been looking for that kind, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.






Finally I want to show you the Tilda fabrics I bought today. I couldn't decide on which colorscheme I should go with (since I don't know what to sew yet), so I bought both pinks and turquoises. There are different shades of pinks and turquoises so they mix differently. The only "problem" I have is with the one far to the left since it's a bit greener than the other ones. I can always return it in worst case. I was in a hurry when I picked them out, so I just grabbed all I liked (I usually don't shop like that, but since I can return them I thought I could decide later. I didn't want to be late for my movie date)
The colors are a bit yellower on the pic, but you get the idea. Can't wait to sew something with this and show you!

6 comments:

LOUISE said...

Beautiful cards Katarina, love your images, and the lovely bright colours. Louise x

Chrissie said...

Great card Katarina, I love those vibrant colours they're guaranteed to cheer you up!
Thanks for joining in the challenge.

Bex said...

Fab bright card!
And those fabrics look gorgeous

Love Bex x

Murielle said...

your card is marvellous!
I love your composition and the colours are splendid.
Your colouring is fabulous, I love it!!!!
You have interpreted my sketch beautifully and I am very happy.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Big hugs, Mumur

Conibaer said...

Greta cards!
And I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric!! I would have bought all of them too! ;o)

Becky said...

Beautiful cards Katarina! I love the bright and zingy card you created for Sketch and Stash, gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun!
Love Becky xx