Monday 19 January 2009

Two challenges, DT call and Tilda fabric

I have used my new bunny RAM (Rachelle Ann Miller) stamp I told you about earlier. I was very uncertain about it when I started coloring it and thought I would have to sell it because it wouldn't look good, but the more I colored the more pleased I got and I think it turned out pretty good. I used my newest promarkers and a blender. I exchanged my broken "pumpkin" pen for a blender pen which basically removes color. I've been very curious about it and since she was out of the color that was broken I got the blender instead. I used the blender on the nose, back of the bird and on some flowers. It takes away the color completely (good if you mess up) or leaves a watermark look which I think is pretty cool.

The card is made for two blogcandychallenges and a DT call sketch.

Bec offers a candy if you make a lovecard and send her the link to your blog. I got the patterned paper the other day with this colored image in mind, because I didn't have anything at home I thought would match. Unfortunately I color first and think later, lol. I've noticed it's much easier to choose the paper first and THEN color the image. Think I will try to do it that way from now on, but sometimes I just want to color my new stamp or try out my new markers.

The next candy is at Ann's. Ann is celebrating for getting on the designteam of the cuttlebug challenge blog. If you join the challenge you will get one extra entry.
The challenge was to use your favorite embossing folder. The one I have used here (stylized flowers I think it's called) I got in a swap. I'm in a yahoogroup where we change things we don't use. I advertised for this folder since it's the last one I want in my collection. It's not worth for me to buy them through the net because the shipping is the same as for 10-12 folders. So I asked on the group if someone had that folder and would like to swap for something I had and I got a reply! So I'm now a proud owner of this folder. Did you notice that the pink tag is embossed too?

Denise at Whimsy stamps is looking for a new guestdesigner. You need to follow a sketch and use an animalstamp. I thought the sketch worked great for this card and I'm especially happy with what I did with the text. The heart is cut out from a patterned paper sheet, the tags are cuttlebug dies. Otherwise it's pretty simple and I think the card speaks for itself.





Sketch used from Denise's blog.

Finally I want to show you two pieces of fabric I bought today. They are from the "Tilda" collection (not to confuse with Magnolia's Tilda). The designer of this collection is Tilda Finnanger. She has designed a whole line of fabrics, papers, stamps, embellishments, sewingkits, patterns for angels, animals and others and so on. My friend Coni is a huge fan of Tilda's and she has sewn bags and more recently a pig with these fabrics if you want to have a look at the style.
I've just found a new book that Tilda has published and I think I will buy it. It has patterns of wonderful things you can sew. Since I probably will join the secret easter swap I need to have something fun to sew.
Here are the two fabrics, they are lavender, pink and purple (I exchanged the photo. On the previous the fabrics looked brownish) It's a pretty small piece of fabric and the left medallions are about 0,5cm, so the fabric would work great for small projects (like dollclothes for instance). I'm so excited about doing this kind of sewing. The only thing I've been sewing in the past are clothes, bags and curtains. It will be so much fun to do some homestyling stuff like decorations and such.
To be continued...

7 comments:

Carolyn King said...

how very cute! Love the pink and green colors!

The Vannoy Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I enjoy your blog... thought I had lost your web address... but was able to google and find it again - whew!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your card Katarina! Super cute image, great coloring. love the paper and the matching embossing. Great job with the sentiment! Thanks for trying out. :)

Cassie said...

such a sweet card! i love the way the folder you picked matches your PP! good luck with the sketch in Denise's GDT spot!
thanks for joining us on the be inspired challenge! i'm off to check out coni's site as that fabric is wonderfully yummy!

p.s. love your blog background!

Christy said...

Great card!!!!!!

Mephisto said...

Thats a wonderul Work!

Domi

Cardmaking Galore said...

cute card - love the colours. Good luck on your DT challenge