Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sugarbowl challenge #6 - mother's day

This week the sugarbowl blog have "mother's day" as their theme for the challenges. I had this RAM stamp and the pink flowery paper I have had for a while now. I bought it to use for Valentine's, but I think it works even better for spring/mother's day.

I started out with the paper and chose promarkers that matched. Most of them are my new ones, so good thing I got them :) I wanted to have a heart, but didn't want it to be too obvious. Then I struggled a bit. I tore, dryembossed, embossed, glued and here's what I got:




I think the ribbon got interesting. It's laying over the embossed parts and looks embossed itself. I quite like the look.
A very different card for me with the layout. Not sure if I love it or not. The golden swirls might have been too much, but without them the card looked so flat and empty. I want to practice more on doing "busy" cards, so I thought: more is good and went for it, lol.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love it, swirls and all, and the image is so cute :o)
Jackie